Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iTunes Playlists, Podcasts, etc on Apple TV 4th Generation

Howdy; I have an Apple TV 4th Gen. I'm interested in selectively syncing music, podcasts, playlists, etc using iTunes like I do for my iOS devices that are added as devices in iTunes. For instance, I can select the device in iTunes, and then select which music and podcasts I want to automatically sync between iTunes and my iOS device, and then my playlists, podcasts, etc show up and are accessible on my iOS device. Is it possible to do the same thing with my ATV4G? Currently to play my playlists or podcasts, I had to set up Home Sharing on both devices, but then I have to make sure that my MacBook Pro is awake for my ATV4G to play the content. If my MBP is off, asleep or not on the network, I am not able to access my iTunes content (eg., playlists, podcasts).

Am I missing something here? Is there anyway to access my playlists and podcasts from iTunes on my ATV4G without having my MBP on and connected to the network?

Thanks!

Apple TV, tvOS 9.1.1, 4th Generation

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:51 AM

There are no replies.

Syncing iTunes Playlists, Podcasts, etc on Apple TV 4th Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.