Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide warnings dialogue/Times2-Roman font in Pages

Hi

I often open documents, in Pages, that are sent to me by someone using Microsoft Word, or something... And I always get the warning dialogue box pop up saying the font Times2-Roman has been replaced with Helvetica. I know! It's a small thing, but when I have to close that box every single time I open a doc, well, life's too short. Is there any way I can disable that box popping up, does anyone know? Or is that font available to buy anywhere? I looked, but can't find it... If it was cheap then I'd buy it, just to get rid of that pesky warning!

Any help greatly appreciated 🙂

Mark

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:32 AM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:35 PM in response to langermark74

Because Pages is attempting to translate that Word document into its own internal .pages document format, you will get that warning dialog with every opened Word document (when there are issues). The Times2-Roman font is not a Microsoft font, and the only hit I got on it via Google was a free Turkish variant on Megafonts. Since the original intent was a serif font, Helvetica may not be the proper replacement. Put non-standard downloaded fonts in your home-dir/Library/Fonts folder.

There is no shortcut key to dismiss that Warnings box, but you can roll your own:

1. Quit Pages v5.6.1
  2. System Preferences : Keyboard panel : Shortcuts : App Shortcuts
    1. [ + ]
    2. Application: Pages
    3. Menu Title: Hide Warnings
    4. Keyboard Shortcut: control-W (will show ^W)
    5. Add
  3. Quit System Preferences
  4. Open that Word document that spews warnings in Pages again
  5. With the Warning box present, type control-W. It disappears for the current Pages session.

Feb 9, 2016 11:21 PM in response to VikingOSX

Many thanks for your reply, VikingOSX. I tried installing that font but no joy... The warning still comes up. Hey ho.

I then tried making that shortcut... It now shows next to the menu item View>Hide Warnings, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't actually work, strangely. I'll delve deeper into that later on today, maybe. A shortcut to get rid of the warnings dialogue sure would help 🙂

Cheers

Hide warnings dialogue/Times2-Roman font in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.