Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead zone near top of Safari screen? Cannot use Safari to even logon here because the Login arear is at the top. Pretty much all fields nearthe top are dead. I have no problem entering fields halfway down the screen. Chrome works fine.

Dead zone near top of Safari screen? Cannot use Safari to even logon here because the Login area is at the top. Pretty much all fields near the top are dead. I have no problem entering fields halfway down the screen. This is Chrome and it works fine.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 16 GB mem

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 5:16 PM

I suggest you start by taking the steps recommended in this support article.

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 5:23 PM in response to Linc Davis

OK I disabled half of my extensions, closed Safari and opened it and it seemed to work. I then enabled my Extensions one by one (I only have a half dozen) cycled Safari and.....I got all of them Enabled and it is still working...... You'll have to excuse me, but I have no reason to believe that this will hold. But thanks for the suggestion....we shall see what we shall see.... It is possible that disabling and then enabling somehow reset the culprit I suppose.

Dead zone near top of Safari screen? Cannot use Safari to even logon here because the Login arear is at the top. Pretty much all fields nearthe top are dead. I have no problem entering fields halfway down the screen. Chrome works fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.