Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using microsoft wireless keyboard 800

I have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 with 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3) running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3. This computer is supplied to me by my workplace, which is NOT Apple-friendly!!

They gave me a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800, with a USB adapter to talk to my Mac, and with my older MacBook, it worked fine, but with this new computer, the mouse is not as responsive as it should be.

I recall that there was a Microsoft Keyboard icon in the System Preferences on my old computer that allowed me to adjust the sensitivity settings. That icon is not present on my current MacBook.

Does anyone know where I can find the file for the System Preferences?

thanks in advance,

janaki

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:22 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 9:07 PM in response to Janaki Kuruppu

Dear Janaki

Its a very strange one that the keyboard icon itself is missing. Can you try the below steps to see.

Click the apple icon upper left screen / Shut down.

Disconnect everything from the mac not the power

Once the mac is off, please hold down SHIFT/CONTROL/OPTION and then press the power button. You have to hold all these keys including the power button for 6 seconds and then release.

After this also the computer should be in off mode only.

Now you press the power button and pray to GOD and see your system preference to see if the keyboard icon is over there or not.

This should work in a normal case but lets see if there are any other methods if this doesn't work.

Rgds

Shanker

using microsoft wireless keyboard 800

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.