Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

html 5 date picker

I couldn't figure out how to send this to apple so I am just posting it here.

Is apple ever going to support the HTML5 date code to show a date picker on screen on laptop and desktop computers? Why do we have standards if no one follows them? Only two browsers seem to support this code. Wasn't it bad enough that MS wouldn't follow Web standards in the past with IE? HTML 5 has been out long enough now that ALL browser should have the date picker now. Its frustrating when I am doing a Web tutorial and see the date picker on the tutorial but not on my site simply because I am using Safari instead of Chrome. I know I can use Chrome but the point is, all Web browsers should now support HTML5 and sure seems that Safari is not fully supporting HTML 5.

I know apple won't see this but if there is an email to send this to, please provide it here.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 8:11 AM

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

3 replies

html 5 date picker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.