Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the app store is missing from iPhone 5S

I have an iPhone 5S and on one of my software updates the app store icon disappeared. I read online that I needed to go into restrictions in settings. I did but there is a passcode and I can't remember it (or remember even setting one) so it said to do a factory reset. Just did that and the passcode is still there and still no app store. Im at 11 failed attempts. I can't update my phone apps and its really annoying. Anyone had a similar thing?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 11:01 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 11:19 AM in response to paulafromoakville

paulafromoakville wrote:

I have an iPhone 5S and on one of my software updates the app store icon disappeared. I read online that I needed to go into restrictions in settings. I did but there is a passcode and I can't remember it (or remember even setting one) so it said to do a factory reset. Just did that and the passcode is still there and still no app store. Im at 11 failed attempts. I can't update my phone apps and its really annoying. Anyone had a similar thing?

Are you annoyed at yourself for not knowing the passcode.

Generally you would check your other app folders or home screen.

If you can't find it there you go to settings - general - reset - reset home screen layout.

Feb 9, 2016 11:23 AM in response to razmee209

If the App Store was is restricted, you'll need to Restore to Factory Condition to remove the Restrictions Passcode.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you restore from a backup afterwards, the Restrictions Passcode will be put back since its stored in the backup.

That is the only way to remove a Restrictions passcode.

the app store is missing from iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.