Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

last played info does not sync from phone to mac

I have a rather large music collection (I had to pare it down to fit under the 25,000 song iTunes Match limit). I have tracks that have never played since I imported them into iTunes. To listen to them, I set up a smart playlist of songs whose play count is zero. Easy enough, and it does indeed show songs I've never played in iTunes. What's more, the playlist works on both my Mac and my iPhone. And it updates on the iPhone - I can see the number of tracks decline as songs are played. However, when I return to my Mac those songs played on the iPhone still show up as never played. I can wait for days and they still don't sync with what I've done on the iPhone. (Playing songs on my AppleTV doesn't seem to ever update the last-played date or the play count, but that's another matter.)

It used to be that I could manually sync iTunes Match and get things back in sync between the Mac and the iPhone, but at some point the "sync iTunes Match" command disappeared from the iTunes menus. Is there any way to get my Mac to recognize what has been played on my iPhone?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:37 AM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:26 PM in response to Rick Montgomery

Rick Montgomery wrote:

Is there any way to get my Mac to recognize what has been played on my iPhone?

The way I achieve this is as follows:

I play tracks on my iPhone. Once I have synced my iPhone to iTunes on the Mac, I then observe the tracks I played are recorded in the "Recently Played" smart playlist, and their play count is updated in iTunes at that time. Also at that (sync) time is when the updated "Recently Played" playlist is copied back to the iPhone from iTunes.

last played info does not sync from phone to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.