Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working between my i6 (9.0.2) and rMBP (10.11.2) but working between rMBP and wife's i6 (9.2.1)

Ever since I have installed on El Capitan on my rMBP airdrop hasn't been working between my it and my iPhone 6.

I have searched and searched for a solution, tried the turn off bluetooth/delete plist, etc solution but nothing seems to work.

I know that this is a known issue that Apple are aware off Nowhe thing is, airdrop between my wife's iPhone 6 and my rMBP is working just fine.

I have checked my wife's IP address and it's different to my IP address despite being on the same WIFI network. I know bits and pieces about WIFI and stuff, but I don't quite understand how that would be?

Am I right to gather then that my rMBP could be on a different IP address that what my iPhone is on which is why airdrop isn't working? And if this is the case, how do I go about getting them onto the same IP address? Would that be done manually??

Because I don't fully know and understand, I don't really want to start manually changing things.

Any help would be much appreciated please.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), null

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 11:45 AM

There are no replies.

Airdrop not working between my i6 (9.0.2) and rMBP (10.11.2) but working between rMBP and wife's i6 (9.2.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.