Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 reset blocked at software update

I want to unlock my iPhone from the original supplier and have to first make a phone reset. When I do this, it goes to download the latest IOS update, which is not needed as my Iphone is up to date, but still does it and gets stuck.... anybody knows how to get out of this?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 11:34 AM

7 replies

Feb 9, 2016 11:36 AM in response to Didier54

Since you indicate nothing about any error that you are receiving when you try this restore, then it is hard to help. Your profile states that you have iOS 9.1, which is not the latest iOS, so you do need an update. What version of iTunes are you using on your MacBook Air? The latest version is 12.3.2, which requires a specific version of OS X.

You will need to provide more information about your issue and what is going wrong.

Feb 10, 2016 6:09 AM in response to Didier54

iTunes 10.3.2 is not the latest iTunes. What version of OS X are you using? If you are working with your operator to unlock the device, you need to restore the device, not reset it. I'm thinking that you are actually referring to a restore, since you mention doing it in iTunes. Are you using the Restore Backup button, or just Restore? You will need to use the Restore button to restore to factory. If iTunes is freezing on the computer, then you will need to troubleshoot that. I'm not a Mac user, just an iOS user, but I believe you can reinstall iTunes on the Mac without having to uninstall it to start with. Also, check to make sure you have no Restrictions on for the phone.

Feb 10, 2016 7:13 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

OSX El Captain 0.11.3 and Itunes 12.3.2.35, which are the latest update that I have. Both software confirm that this is the latest! Apologies, I did mean restore and purely restore. That leads me to update the IOS version but, i have the latest one already.... If I confirm the update, as I have no other choices, that is when Itunes freezes..... Only restrictions that was on the phone was fond my phone that was disabled prior to starting the process...

Feb 10, 2016 8:14 AM in response to Didier54

Yes, iTunes 12.3.2 is the latest, you indicated earlier 10.3.2. Again, I'm not a Mac user, so someone else is going to have to help you with your iTunes issue on the Mac. Something is causing iTunes to freeze, and I cannot help you with that. Have you tried to reinstall the latest version of iTunes on your Mac, to try and repair that install?

iPhone 6 reset blocked at software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.