Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to export Motion project to YouTube?

User uploaded file

"Publishing accounts longer than 15 minutes requires a verified YouTube account."

My account is verified and I have uploaded many projects from iMovie to YouTube, however I'm having trouble uploading this 15+ minute project from Motion to YouTube. I have already tried logging out and logging back in; no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 11:45 AM

4 replies

Jun 27, 2016 9:33 AM in response to Eric_Champlin

Motion 5 is not able to Share > YouTube movies longer than 15 minutes even when one has a verified YouTube account. When trying to use Share > YouTube for a movie longer than 15 minutes the user gets the result shown in the OP's screenshot with the Next button grayed out and non-functional.

I called AppleCare about this issue yesterday and ended up speaking with two different people in their pro apps department. Both could replicate the issue and confirmed it as bug. They have reported the bug to engineering. The workaround is to Share > Export Movie. Choose H.264 in the Export dropdown of the Options tab. Then upload the exported H.264 movie from the YouTube website.

Unable to export Motion project to YouTube?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.