Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest version of ios 9.2.1 is not compatible with my car audio system

Hi,

Since I upgraded my iPhone 5S ios to 9.2.1, my touch screen on the Fly audio system of my Toyota Prius not longer responds when my iPhone 5S is connected to the USB. Toyota told me that I have to try to downgrade back to the previous version of ios. This is very annoying.

Can anyone tell me what to do and how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

diane

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:08 PM

You cannot downgrade iOS, Apple does not support it. I would check again with Toyota to see if they have an upgrade for your system. Only they can tell you if they support iOS 9.2.1 for their system.

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 1:58 PM in response to dianefromra'anana

Probably wishful thinking. The vehicle manufacturers get a copy of the beta software from Apple and are responsible for making sure their devices work with it. They will generally provide updates to their customers as necessary, or will post that particular devices will not work with their radios. That is their responsibility. The fix has to be on the vehicle side.

Latest version of ios 9.2.1 is not compatible with my car audio system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.