Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes uninstall/reinstall failing to load AMDS and USB drivers., No error codes but I'm unable to connect my Iphone to Itunes.. I've been at this for 5 days and out of ideas. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx

I hate to be long winded, but I like to be thorough., I initially moved my 6500 song iTunes library from my old XP to a "newer" Windows 7 laptop using "Homegroup"., I was prompted to upgrade both laptops to 12.3.2 to accomplish the transfer. After sharing the library to the Win 7 laptop I had to load all the songs 1 by 1 because of an Admin permission issue., Not Fun!.. When I attempted to connect my Iphone 5s via USB it was not "seen" by ITunes. That's when the uninstall/reinstall nightmare began. I noticed after all 4 reinstalls that it goes smoothly for a minute and then the status bar goes to the end full green and it sits like that for several minutes and then rolls back., it begins again and then gets stuck for another 10 min 4/5 green in the status bar., it then completes that and rapidly loads update, copying new files, writing, reg etc.. Then I get "Congratulations ITunes has been successfully installed on your computer."., I play and listen to all my music and connect to the store no problem., I just can't connect my Iphone to it. I found that no USB drivers and no AMDS are installed each time which is obviously the reason it won't see my phone., No error codes occur and I'm at a loss., I tried to extract the AMDS components from iTunes64Setup with 7-zip but I either did it wrong or it just didn't work, still no error codes., Once again, I apologize for being so longwinded but I thought that providing All the details may help someone provide me with a solution.. Thanks..

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, Toshiba laptop w/Windows 7 Premium

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 12:10 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 6:05 PM in response to Knightsdaze

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Itunes uninstall/reinstall failing to load AMDS and USB drivers., No error codes but I'm unable to connect my Iphone to Itunes.. I've been at this for 5 days and out of ideas. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.