Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I completely reset iTunes?

I've been having a lot of issues with my iTunes account syncing with my phone because somehow I have a ton of music in my iTunes that my husband downloaded or saved with his old Apple ID (two different old Apple IDs actually) and because of that, I can't sync properly. I've been trying to figure it out but I think the only way to handle it might be to just start from scratch. We have most of our music saved to an external hard drive so if I can somehow just clean out iTunes on my Mac and on my iPhone, I can just restart by downloading the music I want from our external hard drive.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have an iPhone 6s and a Mac running Yosemite.

Thanks for any input!

iMac

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 12:19 PM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 1:30 PM in response to NurseMarci

Once you have done the above, also make sure that only one Apple ID is authorized for this computer in iTunes.

Do Store > Sign Out (if available) from iTunes' menu. If it is not available, you would have to sign in using your Apple ID and password, which is exactly what you wish to do whether Sign Out was available or not.

How do I completely reset iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.