Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted bootcamp but cannot delete the partitioned disk.

I redid/re-installed bootcamp. Deleted the one I had, and tried redoing it. For some reason once i was on Windows, Bootcamp wouldn't fully install. I searched many options, it was mostly the audio that had issues. Yet I tried the fixes that I found and still nothing happened.

So i decided to delete the bootcamp and try again.

Although, instead of going to bootcamp assistant and deleting it that way.

As a mistake, i went to disk utility and erased the Disk, thinking I'd get rid of the partition as well.

Now* I cannot reinstall windows, or delete the partition or anything with bootcamp.

If i go to the windows selection it says, something like the Set up has failed or cannot be found. And to Reset up using a disk or USB. And I've tried but it does not work.

So now I'm stuck with something I cannot get rid of or redo.

iMac, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:29 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 3:59 PM in response to Zach_in

The simplest and safest method to get your disk back for Bootcamp/Windows is

1. Backup OSX and all your files - Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support .

2. Boot into Internet Recovery (Command+Opt+R) - OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support .

3. Click on Utilties -> Disk Utility and Erase your internal whole disk.

4. Restore OSX and your files - Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support .

This requires a separate external disk which can accommodate TM backup - Backup disks you can use with Time Machine - Apple Support .

Deleted bootcamp but cannot delete the partitioned disk.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.