Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime and other apps quit unexpectedly

So, the problem I have are with the following apps:

• Facetime and Calendar - which quit unexpectedly
  • Contacts and Reminders - which doesn't even open, and I need to force quit them.

I tried already to make the following solutions but without results:

1. Boot in safe mode. Apps were still acting the same as before.

2. Log-out from iCloud and log-in again, no results.

3. Create the "Guest" account and see if the problem persists: All those apps were working fine.

After I tried the last solution I logged back on my account and from the iCloud in System Preferences I unchecked the Calendar, Contacts and Reminders and all apps opened, including Facetime. After I tried to sync back to my iCloud account, everything went back to not working.

My specs: MacBook Pro 13 inch, early 2011.

I have an Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle (but that problem was before I bought this dongle), and an SSD Kingston and the Apple HardDrive in a Caddy.

I don't use any other third-party devises, I am able to send and receive messages (iMessages and regular SMS) through Messages app, my iPhone 5s and Magic Mouse 2 are connected via Bluetooth 4.0 through the dongle.

The only thing I can't remember it's if the problem was before I installed the SSD inside de Mac, but I cannot see the logic behind.

Waiting for your help,

Thank you in advance!

Andrei P.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:13 PM

There are no replies.

Facetime and other apps quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.