Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV-Siri Shows Hulu in Results But I Don't Have Hulu App Installed

My results from searches using Siri on the new Apple TV keep displaying Hulu as an option. The only thing is, I don't have the Hulu app installed and I am not a Hulu subscriber. Is this an error or is it "normal".

To check, I did select Hulu in the search results and was invited to install the app.

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:14 AM

This is correct. The page that shows your search results will link you to the Hulu app on the App Store if you do not have it installed.

The search is meant to get you a way to watch the TV Show/Movie you want to watch. It's a really great way to see if a Hulu subscription is something you want to pay for.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 5:14 AM in response to CSleeper

This is correct. The page that shows your search results will link you to the Hulu app on the App Store if you do not have it installed.

The search is meant to get you a way to watch the TV Show/Movie you want to watch. It's a really great way to see if a Hulu subscription is something you want to pay for.

Feb 9, 2016 5:29 PM in response to CSleeper

Siri results are based upon user location rather than user app use - it's non configurable.

About Search on your Apple TV (4th generation) - Apple Support

Use Siri (in select countries) or the Search app to look for movies and shows across apps on your Apple TV (4th generation). You can search by title, genre, actor, and more. With Siri, you can also refine your search as you go.

When you look for content with Siri or the Search app, Apple TV checks these content providers, with more coming soon:

• United States: Movies and TV shows in iTunes, HBO GO, HBO NOW, Hulu, Netflix, PBS, PBS Kids, SHOWTIME, SHOWTIME Anytime, FOXNOW, FXNOW, Nat Geo TV
  • Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and United Kingdom: Movies and TV shows available on the iTunes Store and Netflix
  • Other countries and regions: Movies in iTunes

To look for content in one app at a time, just open the app and use its own search function.

About search

• You can use the Search app to find Apps in the App Store. Siri doesn't search for apps in the App Store.
  • If you have an Apple Music membership, you can use the Search app or Siri to search Apple Music.
  • The Search app and Siri don't search Home Shared libraries.

Feb 9, 2016 5:32 PM in response to CSleeper

thanks. I disagree that it is a good thing though. Aside from iTunes being displayed which I understand, I really only want results from sources that I already have such as Netflix Or my own tv shows or movies ripped from DVD. When I read reviews of the new ATV, this is how it was described as well. So, kind of stinks.

Feb 10, 2016 8:43 AM in response to Protodd

Thanks for copying and pasting the information Apple already provides. I read that same information earlier and noticed that it is ambiguous in its wording which is why I posted the question I did here. It is great that these forums have posters who can do this.

I also saw you posted the feedback link as well and it was just as helpful to have that bit of known information repeated. Have a great day!

Apple TV-Siri Shows Hulu in Results But I Don't Have Hulu App Installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.