Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if I delete garageband?

I am trying to free up some space on my macbook pro, and I thought that deleting applications that I do not use, and also take up a lot of space, such as imovie and garageband, would be a good idea. However, I was wondering what would happen if I deleted them, would I be able to get them back any time, if I wanted to use them, or would I have to pay for them, even though they came free with my macbook?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:40 PM

the Garageband application does not need much storage. Most of the storage used by Garageband are the Loop Library and the Instrument Library. you would need to run an uninstaller that would free the storage.

It depends on the version of GarageBand you currently have, if you can get it back, if you delete it. You can reinstall GarageBAnd 10.1 from the AppStore, but GarageBAnd '11 is no longer well supported. It is frequently not available for reinstalling.

If you want to be able to reinstall GarageBand after you delete it, keep a copy of the application on an external drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 1:40 PM in response to dogelion

the Garageband application does not need much storage. Most of the storage used by Garageband are the Loop Library and the Instrument Library. you would need to run an uninstaller that would free the storage.

It depends on the version of GarageBand you currently have, if you can get it back, if you delete it. You can reinstall GarageBAnd 10.1 from the AppStore, but GarageBAnd '11 is no longer well supported. It is frequently not available for reinstalling.

If you want to be able to reinstall GarageBand after you delete it, keep a copy of the application on an external drive.

What happens if I delete garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.