Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

annoying iPhoto Bug please fix

i am really annoyed about iphoto as i had to make a bad experience with an excellent software. i created for my mums birthday a slideshow with iphoto. more than 300 pics and hours of work. but then...LISTEN. as i had everything in the right order and timed with nice music, i started to work on some of the pictures. some of them were upside down (i made them with my iphone like this) and i rotated them directly in iphoto. and now, you know what? if you rotate a photo that is in your slideshow, in the top line it appears correctly but in the slideshow it REMAINS upside down! so no way to correct that!!! so this sounds incredible, but true. once you imported a pic into iphoto and put it in a slideshow, it is impossible to rotate the pic. it always jumps back to the original, in this case wrong position. then i found out, if i rotate the pic 90 degrees, exit and go back to slideshow, then go back and rotate it once again until it is correct and then it appears correctly in the slideshow itself. so i did it with 150 pic. and now, you know what? in the moment you close iphoto and open your project once again later, ALL rotated pictiures are again upside down! so imagine, it took me hours and hours because of this silly bug that seems to be unknown to the developers!

the software itself is very nice, but with that bug unusable. i am really angry about this - so please include the correction of this into your next update! THANK YOU

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.1.x), null

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:38 PM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:58 PM in response to chris form vienna

What version of iPhoto are you using? I took several photos in all orientations with my iPhone, imported them into my iPhoto 9.6.1 library via My Photo Stream and they all played in the correct orientation in the iPhoto slideshow.

If you have iPhoto 9.6.1 try the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down to open the First Aid window. Be sure to follow the circled recommendation in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

2 - apply Option #4, Rebuild Database.

3 - create a new slideshow with the same photos and check to see if the orientation is correct.

If you don't have iphoto 9.6.1 upgrade to it via the App Store.

User uploaded file

Feb 9, 2016 4:41 PM in response to chris form vienna

Great

But

1 - Apple is not here

2 - iPhoto development was discontinued well over a ear ago so even if apple were here no changes or bug fixes are going to occur

3 - your symptoms sound more like database problems than a bug so try to backup your iPhoto library and launch iPhoto while holding down the option and command keys and repair permissions and then rebuild the database and see if that resolves this

LN

Feb 9, 2016 11:21 PM in response to Old Toad

thank you, but that didn't solve the problem. everyone can try it out. make some pics that are not with the right side up and then import to iphoto. you turn them in your slide show, as soon as you close iphoto and reopen, it is again wrong. it is a bug, no database problem! (even if you rotate pics before on iphone and import them afterwards, still the same sh...)😠

annoying iPhoto Bug please fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.