Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browser Update

I have Macbook Pro OS X 10.7.5. I am being prompted to update my browser. Can anyone help me find where I can download the latest Safari update? Check for updates and there is nothing to update but my printer. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 3:20 PM

Open the Mac App Store and try downloading El Capitan. If you get told that it's incompatible with your computer, so is any version of Safari newer than 6.1.6; people using such Macs need to switch to a product such as Firefox to get a more recent web browser.

Back up your data and check your applications for compatibility before upgrading. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(139349)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 3:20 PM in response to alexandria60

Open the Mac App Store and try downloading El Capitan. If you get told that it's incompatible with your computer, so is any version of Safari newer than 6.1.6; people using such Macs need to switch to a product such as Firefox to get a more recent web browser.

Back up your data and check your applications for compatibility before upgrading. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(139349)

Feb 9, 2016 3:23 PM in response to alexandria60

You could try this for an external drive. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-passport-ultra-1tb-external-usb-3-0-2-0-portab le-hard-drive-classic-black/7869174.p?id…

Seems like a good price.

Also if you are backing up your hard drive you may want to use something like Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper which will allow you to make a clone.

That way if you hard drive were to fail you would have a bootable backup.

Browser Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.