Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I modify the Managed User acount so that NOTHING is auto launched

I'm running the latest OS X (10.10.5) and continue to run into an issue with a Managed account with Parental Controls.

When I log in with that user account multiple pop-ups come up that read "You don't have permission to use the application "__________."" With the "__________" being Seagate Storage Gauge and SonyAutoLauncher. I can't find those apps anywhere on my iMac. I have a Seagate external HDD, but I unplugged it. How do I modify the Managed account so that these or any other apps are auto launched. Note: I did log on to the main admin account, went to the System Preferences >> Login Items and removed everything. There aren't any apps automatically opening when I log in. Any help would be appreciated.

iMac, OS X Yosemite

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:50 PM

5 replies

Feb 10, 2016 9:09 AM in response to Starkbytes

In addition:

Have a look in /library/LaunchAgents. If these tools aren't Login Items, they might be located therein. You can locate that folder by pressing shift-command-G and entering that path. But before deleting things from there, you've to check whether they are used by (other users of) the system, because that folder isn't user specific. Could be better to extend the access rights to allow that user to start these items.

Regards, Lars

Nov 22, 2016 1:18 PM in response to Starkbytes

I have a similar issue with "Seagate Storage Guage". I can find it, and have permitted the managed account to use it, but still get this pop-up. It's especially annoying, because it pops up every 10 or 15 seconds, no matter what I click.

- Allow once -> pops right back up

- OK -> pops right back up

- Allways allow -> pops right back up.

How do I modify the Managed User acount so that NOTHING is auto launched

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.