Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rewire not working with Ableton Live and Melodyne 4

Hi

I've recently upgraded Logic to 10.2.1, Melodyne to v4 and Ableton Live to 9.6.

I am now unable to launch Ableton as a rewire slave. When I attempt to open it I get the following error message:

"an error has occurred while opening melodyne 4 via rewire. it is probably already in use. in order to run this program as a reWire slave application, you will have to launch Live first"

When I click OK, Ableton launches in standalone mode.

I've tried opening Live again first on its own then restarting Logic. I don't have Melodyne open in either application. I've tried Ableton in 32 bit and 64 bit mode, versions 9.5 and 9.6.

I have the same problem on my iMac and MacBook Pro, both running Mavericks.

Please help 🙂

Thanks

Steve

Macbook Pro Early 2011 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 15" 2011 model

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:57 PM

11 replies

Feb 12, 2016 10:37 AM in response to okstevep

Hi

Having checked again the problem, I actually get a different error message when trying to open Live 9.5 with Logic 10.2.1:

Live has detected another Rewire Master application. No rewire slave applications will be available for use with Live unless you quit the current rewire master application and restart Live.

I've tried doing this, to no avail, so even with Logic 10.2.1 and Live 9.5 I can't get rewire to work.

Feb 12, 2016 11:43 AM in response to okstevep

You cannot have two Masters on the same system....

One Master and then whichever slaves...

Read this carefully and completely.,.,.to learn how to set up Live as a slave...

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/using-live-rewire/

Note: Logic Pro X has to be a Master.. it cannot act as a slave so Live (which must be run in 64bit mode) must be slaved to it and not the other way around...

From Ableton's guide, linked above....

Please also note that, being Logic X exclusively available as a 64-bit application, only a 64-bit Live version can be ReWired to it. Logic X offers ReWire master functionality only. It can not be run as ReWire slave.

Rewire not working with Ableton Live and Melodyne 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.