Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iCloud back up help restore data to a new iPhone?

Hi! Im planning to buy a new iPhone and I am just wondering if I could useiCloud to transfer most of my data to new iPhone? If not so, then are there other solutions for this? Thank you for your help and i will choose the best answer for me later 🙂

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 3:50 PM

You can set up a new phone by using an iCloud backup from an existing device. When you go to set up the new phone, and sign into your iCloud account, it will ask you if you want to set up the phone as new or if you want to restore it from a backup. You would select the iCloud backup that you want to restore it from. You need a good Wifi connection to do this. You can also set it up using an iTunes backup.

Here is a support article that should help:

Restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 3:50 PM in response to iGabo

You can set up a new phone by using an iCloud backup from an existing device. When you go to set up the new phone, and sign into your iCloud account, it will ask you if you want to set up the phone as new or if you want to restore it from a backup. You would select the iCloud backup that you want to restore it from. You need a good Wifi connection to do this. You can also set it up using an iTunes backup.

Here is a support article that should help:

Restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Does iCloud back up help restore data to a new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.