Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows versus tabs?

I do not understand the difference between "windows" and "tabs" in the Safari sense. Here the example (see attached photo), I tried clicking with and without the options and command button and it seems to make no difference. I see links opening in tabs all of the time but I can't figure out how or what it means to open in another window? Is that another instance of Safari? Thanks in advance.

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:12 AM

It means that they open in a new window -- similar to if you have Safari open with a couple of tabs and then click File menu > New Window. You would then have 2 Safari windows, one with the original 2 tabs and a second window with one tab. You can move between the 2 windows via the Safari menu item "Window"

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 6:12 AM in response to MD_Gene

It means that they open in a new window -- similar to if you have Safari open with a couple of tabs and then click File menu > New Window. You would then have 2 Safari windows, one with the original 2 tabs and a second window with one tab. You can move between the 2 windows via the Safari menu item "Window"

windows versus tabs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.