Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login Keychain broken

Starting a couple of days ago my iPhone started asking me for login info for my iCloud account. Weird since I hadn't changed anything. When I use my correct login it doesn't work. Weirder. Then my desktop started popping up access windows asking for adressbooksourcesync to use the "login keychain" and the com.apple.icoloudhelper same thing.

acountsd

calendar agent

cloudpiard

callhistorypluginhelper

and a bunch more. All asking for keychain login. But the keychain login code doesn't work and they won't stop.

Now it is starting on my laptop as well. I have tried changing my iCloud password. I have tried my original keychain password. I even tried typing in "Password" out of desperation (JK) Nothing seems to work.

Suddenly mail is frozen and won't force quit. A bunch of my applications are hanging up mid start and not quiting. I ran a virus scanner and found nothing but this sure seems like something gone terribly awry all of a sudden.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone got a solution?

Mac mini

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 6:07 PM

A

The first step is to get rid of your worthless "anti-virus" software according to the developer's instructions. Never install anything like it again.

B

Please take these steps to resynchronize the iCloud keychain. Your keychain on iCloud and your other Apple devices won't be affected. Take Step 2 only if Step 1 doesn't solve the problem.

Step 1

Back up all data.

Open the iCloud preference pane and uncheck the Keychain box. You'll be prompted to delete the local iCloud keychain. Confirm—the data will remain on the servers. Then re-check the box. Follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set up iCloud Keychain on an additional device. Test.

Step 2

If you still have problems, uncheck the Keychain box again and continue.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

~/Library/Keychains

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

A folder named "Keychains" should open. Inside it is a subfolder with a long name similar to (but not the same as) this:

421DE5CA-D745-3AC1-91B0-CE5FC0ABA128

The above is only an example; yours will have a different name of the same general form. Drag the subfolder (not the Keychains folder) to the Trash and empty.

Restart the computer and re-enable iCloud Keychain.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 6:07 PM in response to Paul Nathan

A

The first step is to get rid of your worthless "anti-virus" software according to the developer's instructions. Never install anything like it again.

B

Please take these steps to resynchronize the iCloud keychain. Your keychain on iCloud and your other Apple devices won't be affected. Take Step 2 only if Step 1 doesn't solve the problem.

Step 1

Back up all data.

Open the iCloud preference pane and uncheck the Keychain box. You'll be prompted to delete the local iCloud keychain. Confirm—the data will remain on the servers. Then re-check the box. Follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set up iCloud Keychain on an additional device. Test.

Step 2

If you still have problems, uncheck the Keychain box again and continue.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

~/Library/Keychains

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

A folder named "Keychains" should open. Inside it is a subfolder with a long name similar to (but not the same as) this:

421DE5CA-D745-3AC1-91B0-CE5FC0ABA128

The above is only an example; yours will have a different name of the same general form. Drag the subfolder (not the Keychains folder) to the Trash and empty.

Restart the computer and re-enable iCloud Keychain.

Login Keychain broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.