Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP with my Powerbook G4 12inches!!

Hi,

I had tried to update the latest software for my Powerbook G4 12inches then it suddenly shut down the computer. As I tried to turn on the computer, the screen won't show the apple logo at first and its completely blank. As I also search the youtube, most video said that you tried doing with command and s and type the terminal however, they said that the system/CoreServices/ is missing which mean that I couldn't able to restore it and doesn't have OS in my old computer.My computer doesn't function with the usb and hard drive where you insert the cd or dvd. I really need your help for me to able to restore my old computer. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks.

Powerbook G4 12 inches-OTHER

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 4:01 PM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 5:06 PM in response to chanwoo911

Chanwoo911, You are really talking about a Powerbook G14 - a 10 year old computer? Wow, I did a look at Mactracker and the maximum OS you can run on this computer would be 10.5.8.

I'm not sure what you mean by your comment below. Can you let us know what you have tried already? Did you take it in to a store and this is what they said? I would recommend purchasing a 10.5 DVD and see if you can use that disk to install the OS on your computer. Did your hard drive fail? Please provide us with more details.

chanwoo911 wrote:

they said that the system/CoreServices/ is missing which mean that I couldn't able to restore it and doesn't have OS in my old computer.

Feb 9, 2016 5:38 PM in response to Paul Conaway

Hi Paul,

I know right, I have been using this computer for so long time. I was trying to tell that my software was 10.1.5 I guess and the apple computer told me that I could able to update. As the computer doesn't work, I tried to restart it by using command and c like terminal to restart it in order to work it but it doesn't work well. Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBRY5TRVk18. But the terminal said that system/CoreServices/ is missing and also I tried to use the disc to download the software again but it keep showing an error sign.

What can I do?

HELP with my Powerbook G4 12inches!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.