Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus Help

Hello

I'm not sure what's wrong with my macbook air running OS X version 10.9.5, but whenever I try to open a video playing application called VLC, my AVG antivirus software says I can't because of a file in Volumes/vlc2.2.2/VLC.app/Contents/Frameworks/sparkle.framework/versions/a/Spark le. Now I know I shouldn't have an AVG antivirus because there's no point, but I don't want to use the program just incase, and I have seen a couple articles online about it, but I don't know how bad it is, or how to get rid of it. So if anyone has any information about this problem, please let me know

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 5:11 PM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 6:03 PM in response to WavyGinger

You asked a related question a few months ago. The answer isn't going to change. You'll either have to get rid of AVG, put up with what it does, or refer to its developer for support.

Please remove "AVG Antivirus" by following the instructions on this page. To remove the free version of the product, you may have to download the installer from here.

Back up all data before making any changes. Never install any "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software again.

Virus Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.