Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Natural Selection' short film audio not working

Hi there, I purchased this short film called 'natural selection' on the iTunes store a long time ago, and it used to work fine, but recently I updated my iTunes version and I think this is when it must have become broken, as the audio works for the first, maybe, 20 seconds? Then there's nothing. No sound whatsoever. I don't have this problem with any other movies I've purchased.

I can't figure it out and being as there was no email feature to contact iTunes for support (It was either 1) call, 2) call, or 3) call) I'm hoping someone here can answer this for me.

Also, with my music, I can't find the repeat button. All there is, is some sort of shuffle button. I'm not used to this newer version of iTunes and they keep removing things or moving them around and it's frustrating me. I just want to listen to a song on repeat, but can't figure out where the button is, as where it used to be, isn't there anymore.

Many thanks in advance

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 2:01 AM

This is on your iPad ? Have you tried deleting the video and redownloading it (assuming that it's still in the store) or re-syncing it from your computer's iTunes library (the copy that you have on their still works ?) ?

For music, the playing track should show at the bottom of the Music app, tap on that to maximise the track, and below the track there should be a repeat icon (which should cycle through repeat, repeat one track, off) - tap the downward pointing arrow top left to minimise the track and go back to the track selection screen

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 2:01 AM in response to lethal cornchip

This is on your iPad ? Have you tried deleting the video and redownloading it (assuming that it's still in the store) or re-syncing it from your computer's iTunes library (the copy that you have on their still works ?) ?

For music, the playing track should show at the bottom of the Music app, tap on that to maximise the track, and below the track there should be a repeat icon (which should cycle through repeat, repeat one track, off) - tap the downward pointing arrow top left to minimise the track and go back to the track selection screen

Feb 10, 2016 2:00 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hey King_Penguin, yes it's on my iPad and I tried deleting the short film and re-download it, but to no avail. The problem still remained. Maybe there is a problem with this particular short film audio but the makers haven't been notified of any problems? I don't seem to have any problems with any other movies and their audio. I'm thinking this may be the case.

Thanks for the answer on repeating songs - I just tried it on my iPad and it works! 😀 What a pain though - why does Apple have to make things so complicated! They make the shuffle button available for any song, but if you want to repeat it, you have to tap on the individual song and go to the bottom to find the repeat button. It's so stupid! Ah well, at least I can play them on repeat now, thanks!

Feb 10, 2016 12:16 PM in response to lethal cornchip

You could try contacting the film studio direct - as you say that it was purchased a long time ago it will no longer show on http://reportaproblem.apple.com (that only has 90 days purchases), and as such, and that it used to work for you, iTunes Support may not want to know in your case (though you could try https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html)

'Natural Selection' short film audio not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.