Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new itunes won't download

new itunes version won't install. Windows 7 dell 64 bit. I have new Ipad pro and can't access itunes library at all. I get this message. I am at my wits end. I have tried old versions, versions with old video cards. I can get the installer to download, but keep getting this message. I am uncomfortable deleting stuff in program files and I am almost in tears.

avUser uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1, ipad pro.

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:32 PM

7 replies

Feb 11, 2016 6:33 AM in response to dudasrocker

Hi dudasrocker,

I understand that you are seeing an issue with your installation of iTunes for WIndows, and are getting an error message. I have an article for you that will help you address this issue, and it can be found below:

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201668

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Feb 11, 2016 11:26 AM in response to dudasrocker

Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then reinstall iTunes.

If it isn't there to remove see the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall utility mentioned in note 1 to the second box of the user tip mentioned below. As a last resort see the section Install missing components and install everything apart from ASU.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Feb 13, 2016 7:40 AM in response to turingtest2

This isn't anyone in this community's fault but I spent 1.5 hrs with Apple support doing all the above and they couldn't fix it, So, they sent me to Microsoft support and he went through my registry un installed, reinstalled for 2 hrs and the end result---I have NO ITUNES at all now. I can't access any of my 2 TB of music, I can't back up, sync or access anything with itunes on my iphone 6s or my ipad pro which together cost me 1800 dollars. Before, the old itunes version I had just didn't recognize my ipad, Now I have NOTHING. I'm angry. I spent 4 hours with support and I'm worse off now. I even downloaded Windows 10 out of desperation and I'm stuck with that.

Apple needs to realize that something is wrong with new Itunes install and fix it.

Feb 13, 2016 8:05 AM in response to dudasrocker

I can't do anything about what has already happened. Do you still have the iTunes library files and media folder somewhere untouched? if so it is possible to get these connected to a new computer with a working iTunes installation. If you don't already have a backup in place I would strongly recommend you do that now. My suggested method is given in this user tip: Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy. As for getting iTunes working, again this should really be possible. What error do you get now when you either try to install or run iTunes?

tt2

new itunes won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.