Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download Mavericks to reinstall and get off the Capitan

How or were do i download the Mavericks again , i searched in the APP STORE and nothing , also the APPLE page and nothing .. the mavericks used to run good , and i tried to reinstall it from the Drive .. but it has a lock and i can't unlock it to run it , so it goes again to CAPITAN .

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 11:28 PM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2016 1:05 AM in response to zorroscuro

What model Mac and what OS cam with the Mac?

You said ", and i tried to reinstall it from the Drive .. but it has a lock and i can't unlock it to run it ,"

Just what did yo try to do? What lock?

Maybe this:

Lock icon

User uploaded file

If you set a firmware password on your Mac, you might see a lock icon at startup if you try to start your Mac from another volume like an external drive or OS X Recovery. Enter your firmware password to continue starting up.

This firmware password includes how to reetthe PW

Feb 10, 2016 6:54 AM in response to zorroscuro

How or were do i download the Mavericks again , i searched in the APP STORE and nothing , also the APPLE page and nothing

If you previously downloaded it from your logged in AppleID, it should show up in the Purchases tab in App Store. However, IF you do have it there and you are able to download it, you won't be able to install it over OS X El Capitan. You will need to back up your current system, create a USB thumb drive installer, boot from that, erase your Macintosh HD via Disk Utility and Reinstall OS X Mavericks. Then you can restore your user accounts, data and apps during Setup of Mavericks.

download Mavericks to reinstall and get off the Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.