Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iphone 6 in water and now the home button jammed?

i dropped my iphone 6 in the toilet and it was submerged in the water for only a few seconds and I put it in rice for a few hours to see if it helped any but now the home button is acting like I'm constantly pressing it down. I added the on screen home button but it still is jamming. Also, I tried to charge it and found that now I can't get my charger in the charging port all the way and it seems like something is blocking it. could my home button be jammed down somehow? is there anyway to fix this?

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2017 6:21 PM

My iphone 6 was working fine after dropping it in a sink full of water. A friend told me to put my phone in a bag of rice and then the charging cord didn't fit. I read your post, turned off the phone and dug out a piece of rice using a lighted magnifier, compressed air, a tooth pick and a safety pin. Thank you very much for your post - I never would have thought of it and it was really hard to see it even with the lighted magnifier.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2017 6:21 PM in response to Harrington Repair

My iphone 6 was working fine after dropping it in a sink full of water. A friend told me to put my phone in a bag of rice and then the charging cord didn't fit. I read your post, turned off the phone and dug out a piece of rice using a lighted magnifier, compressed air, a tooth pick and a safety pin. Thank you very much for your post - I never would have thought of it and it was really hard to see it even with the lighted magnifier.

Jul 28, 2016 7:54 PM in response to wellijustneedomehelpthanks

I had this happen to me once when I dropped mine in water and I noticed that my charger wouldn't go in all the way because there was a piece of rice stuck in there.. maybe that happened to you but my home button still in broken and I am researching right now because my iPod touch 5th generation will not turn on and I have heard the trick to hold down the lock and home button to turn it back on. The problem is, I cannot use my home button so I don't know how to turn it back on.. any help?

I dropped my iphone 6 in water and now the home button jammed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.