Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete assignment

I cannot seem to find the option (the hovering X) to delete an assignment. I'd like to clean up my gradebook and get rid of some assignments I posted, but did not use.

Any thoughts

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:32 PM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2016 12:07 PM in response to Croslamarmur

From within the gradebook, you can click the assignment header, select "Lock Assignment", then tap / click "Hide Locked" / "Show Locked" to hide and show past assignments.

If you truly want to delete an assignment, you must do so from the owning post. There is also a "View Assignment" button in the gradebook's assignment header popup that takes you to the assignment. From there, if you tap / click "Post", then "Edit", you will be able to delete individual assignments.

I hope that helps!

Feb 12, 2016 8:50 AM in response to Croslamarmur

The images orient me, so thank you! Because you said "clean up my gradebook", I assumed you were starting from there, so my instructions only make sense in that context. (And we know what assuming does!)

From your first image, click the "< Post" button in the top-left. When the post appears, click "Edit" and a list of assignments will be presented, much like the materials attached to the assignment in the second image. Circled X's will appear in that view. (You may have to mouse over them.) Click the X to delete a particular assignment, then click Save.

Does that help?

delete assignment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.