Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan bug with Rane Audio Hardware

What is the process and how long does it take Apple to address the El Capitan bug with Rane Corporation Audio Mixers' driver incompatibilities?

A Rane Corporation describes the driver problem as this, "At this point we are waiting on Apple to get back to us.
They broke something in their own system and its not something that can be fixed by us.
Our driver designs were specifically chose to avoid compatibility issues when new operating systems come out as they are in alignment with Mac computers.
Its a waiting game for all of us until Apple fixes their audio port issues." additionally, "Rane made the decision to use Core Audio drivers with the SL2, SL3, SL4, Sixty-Two, Sixty-One, Sixty-Eight, Sixty-Four, MP25, and MP26—>" and, "We specifically chose these platforms to always stay in alignment with what Mac is doing and avoid exactly what has happened.Our Core Audio drivers and our Class Compliant mixers SHOULD be working on Mac’s OS. Mac has broke something in their own system that needs to be addressed. To my knowledge, the other hardware manufacturers are using drivers that were designed by them or some other third party which is why they were able to get their drivers tweaked and working already. They have not needed Apple to fix anything. As I said, we thought using Apple’s own platform we would be able to divert this. We were obviously wrong:(".

As a loyal Apple Mac customer and promoter, this has left me stung. Specifically, because this driver bug directly affected (influenced in a harmful way) my ability to earn money while increasing my operating expenses (I had to requisition a friends HP laptop running Windows 10 and upgrade it's ram. The driver for my mixer is compatible with W10).

With the hardware company (Rane Corp.) clearly indicating that they chose to use Apple's recommended developer platform for their system, the blame lies on Apple.

The 'burn" lies on me.

Apple (1/2nd richest company on the Planet) will you address this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:49 PM

There are no replies.

El Capitan bug with Rane Audio Hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.