Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost app password. Can I find password stored on my iphone 6 stored from fingerprint scanner?

WHen I logon to Onenote I always use my iphone 6 fingerprint scanner. Now Onenote is asking me to enter the password instead. I forget the password. Can I lookup the actual password stored when I setup fingerprint scanner for Onenote. I forget the password so I cannot get in Onenote now?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:36 PM

9 replies

Feb 9, 2016 9:09 PM in response to fjcchase

OK, so no - TouchID does not store or send a password. It only recognizes your fingerprint and uses that as the mechanism to verify your identity. That is why when you set up TouchID, you also set up a separate Lock Screen passcode. If your fingerprint is not recognized, you can then put in your passcode to open the Lock Screen, or, if you are using Touch ID to purchase apps, you can use your Apple ID password to purchase apps if your Touch ID is not recognized. These are separate entities.

Touch ID does not interact with other apps. It is used only for unlocking your phone or making purchases, so the password you set up to protect your One Note notes, is not related in any way to Touch ID.

You need to post your query to the Microsoft forum. We can't help you here:

https://support.office.com/

Sorry 😟

GB

Lost app password. Can I find password stored on my iphone 6 stored from fingerprint scanner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.