Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Apple USB keyboard, Logitech Mouse and KVM

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro & a Windows 10 laptop I use a Logitech M325 mouse and (recently purchased) Apple USB keyboard with. I plug the Logitech unifying receiver into a spare USB port of the keyboard.

This works flawlessly on the Windows Laptop. On the Macbook, the mouse is very jumpy/hangs, and occasionally the keyboard stops responding, to which I have to unplug and plug back into the KVM USB port.

If I plug the Apple keyboard direct to the Macbook, it has the same jumpy mouse, and launches the 'can't identify the keyboard' pop-up wanting me to identify the Z key. And it can't get past this.

I resynced the Logitech mouse to the receiver, and still have the same issue. I previously switched from a Logitech K360 wireless keyboard (connecting to the same KVM) and worked perfect. I just wanted a lower key profile, quieter keyboard so I ordered the Apple one.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:57 PM

2 replies

Problems with Apple USB keyboard, Logitech Mouse and KVM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.