Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update or download apps

I recently purchased a iTunes gift card to use on purchases and things. I entered the card and it's now on my account. My problem is that when I try to update my apps it tells me to verify my payment information. Why do I have to verify payment information on a free app, especially if it's just an update? Also, I can't even verify my payment info because the card that is on file I no longer use. So I was planning to change it to the iTunes card but it does not give me the option to remove that card. Can anyone help?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:39 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 10:50 PM in response to Gaidi1996

If you have a card on your account then it has to be a valid card and its details complete. How are you trying to remove it ? You won't get the 'none' option if you are trying to do it when downloading something, that will only let you replace it with a different card. If that is what you are doing then try tapping on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store and then tap 'sign out' on the popup and log into the account and see if you get the 'none' option : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Unable to update or download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.