Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can open iTunes, my music and iTunes store, select songs but they wont play. have Windows 10 now.

Have current iTunes, will open in my PC, can open play lists and iTunes Store but when selecting a song it will not play. Have Windows 10

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:59 PM

Have you Authorized the computer to the Apple ID that was used to purchase the music? If not, then open the iTunes Store and sign in with the Apple ID that was used to purchase the music. Then click on Store in the top menu (if you don't see a top menu, press CTL+B to display it), and you will see the option to Authorize This Computer in the dropdown under the Store menu. Click on that to Authorize the computer to that Apple ID.

Once you have done that, the music should play.

Best of luck,

GB

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 9:59 PM in response to Old Bopper

Have you Authorized the computer to the Apple ID that was used to purchase the music? If not, then open the iTunes Store and sign in with the Apple ID that was used to purchase the music. Then click on Store in the top menu (if you don't see a top menu, press CTL+B to display it), and you will see the option to Authorize This Computer in the dropdown under the Store menu. Click on that to Authorize the computer to that Apple ID.

Once you have done that, the music should play.

Best of luck,

GB

Feb 9, 2016 9:41 PM in response to gail from maine

Thank you for your assistance. I have ensured that the PC is authorised. "Unauthorised" it and authorised it again to be sure. Still had an issue. Have since gone through all settings, attended to problem solving for both iTunes and Computer itself and also had a play with the Windows programme Groove Music that apparently downloaded itself when I installed windows 10. Then discovered I was not getting sound of any type from the PC, when playing a Utube video. Did more trouble shooting, found there was a problem with a sound driver. Rectified that and now have sound back. Now don't believe it was an iTunes Problem - was a PC problem. Perhaps if others have this issue try your advice first and if PC authorisation is OK, trouble shoot PC system.

Thanks again.

Feb 10, 2016 7:30 AM in response to Old Bopper

I'm having similar issue. I can open up iTunes, scroll down a tad, but when I go to select an artist or song, it freezes. Stops responding... I have to go under task manager just to close the **** program... restarted the comp at least half a dozen times now, reinstalled iTunes... and it still freezes on me every time I try and remotely do something in itunes

Feb 11, 2016 3:32 AM in response to gail from maine

Thought it appropriate to respond after I resolved the issue. When I encountered the problem my first mistake was to assume it was with iTunes. As an after thought after checking if computer was authorised as you suggested; I checked my system and eventually was able to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. A day later all is still operating without problems. Guess the tip here is don't jump to a conclusion and assume iTunes is the problem. Is a process of elimination.

Feb 11, 2016 9:07 PM in response to GearHead_8

Try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Feb 11, 2016 9:18 PM in response to GearHead_8

Not sure if your response was meant for me. I raised the issue I was having in the first place. I am not a computer GURU. I did come here from help and have learned a lot of helpful information from a number of people. I do not consider I made a fool of myself, I believed the issue was with iTunes in the first instance, on trying a number of ways to resolve it I believed I should also check out my system, found the problem and resolved it. I therefore thought it appropriate to post how I resolved the problems as it may help others. Resolving any issue with a computer is generally carried out by a process of elimination. I trust you understand where I am coming from. Have a nice day.

Feb 11, 2016 9:25 PM in response to gail from maine

Thank you for your support gail from maine. I don't claim to be a computer GURU, I generally get on well with my PC but occasionally strike an issue and then like to spend the time to try and resolve it myself and find I learn a lot about how to do so in the process. I don't mind admitting there is a lot I don't know, not sure that makes me a fool and certainly if I find that my ignorance has mean I make a wrong assumption it is good to share it with others as no doubt there are many other "inexperienced" people out there. Haven't really used a support community before, haven't had the need before. I have been impressed with the number of people prepared to offer ideas on resolving the problem. Thank you again for your support.

Feb 11, 2016 10:09 PM in response to Old Bopper

You are most welcome Old Bopper. I can tell you that I continue to learn something almost every day that I participate in this forum. I know some things, but the computing world is so vast, that even if I lived to be 500 years old, I don't think I would be able to call myself a Guru....

To me, that is the fun of this forum - the challenge of trying to solve problems combined with the fascination of learning new things.

So, please do come around some more. Everybody has a different perspective, different background, different combinations of equipment, different software set-up, different configurations, and it is that kind of diversity that makes this forum a learning experience every day. So, hope to see you around again very soon! 🙂

Cheers,

GB

Can open iTunes, my music and iTunes store, select songs but they wont play. have Windows 10 now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.