Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to send iMessage to certain contact on my phone but I can receive messages from them?

I Have the iPhone 6s.. Just today I notice that when I text a certain contact my imessage won't go through. I do receive messages from that contact, just when I respond it does not deliver.. Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 7:29 AM in response to Dvallejo88

Hello Jesslb23,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues with one of your contacts and are unable to send text to that contact. I would suggest taking a look at this article:

If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If messages won't send to a certain person or you need help with group messages

Sometimes your messages won't send to a particular contact, or you might have issues with group messages. For example, you might reply to a group conversation and receive your own message. Or you might get a new phone number and see your old one listed as a recipient in an existing group conversation.

Delete the conversation* that has the issue and start a new conversation:

1. Open Messages and look at your list of conversations.
  2. Swipe from right to left on the conversation you want to delete. Then tap Delete.
  3. Open Messages, tap User uploaded file, and enter the phone number or email address of your contact or contacts.
  4. Write a new message and tap send.

*When you delete a conversation, you won’t be able to recover it. If you want to save parts of conversations or their attachments, you can take screenshots. You can also touch and hold an attachment or message bubble, then tap More > Save.

Best regards.

Not able to send iMessage to certain contact on my phone but I can receive messages from them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.