Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

elp backing up and accessing my daughters iphone 5c

Hello, Apple Community! Happy Wednesday--2 days left!

Forgive me, I don't even know if I'm choosing the correct forum.

I have no clue how to access my teenager’s phone. She and I recorded some information for school. We need to find it now, anyhow, I'm her mom, and it’s my job to be nosy to protect her. I did a backup in iTunes, in Windows 10. When her phone came up after being connectedUSB, I had to enter her apple account password. I selected backup to iTunes, manually backup and restore, backup now, apply. I can't find the backed up data, music, apps, etc. Trying to find it, Iselectededit, preferences, when I look at my preferences, then devices, her phone is listed with the backup date. Still I can't find any data or files. I referred back to apple support and followed their instructions...Find and manage your iTunes backups - Apple Support

I followed the steps, entered%appdata% in search on the taskbar at the bottom. It should take me here "Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup" to double click the folder. I'm golden! Ha! I can't figure out how to access the backed up items.

I thought maybe a backup wasn't what I wanted so then I went all the way back and started again in iTunes. I synced the device. Obviously, I have no idea what I am doing. I think I read somewhere that sync gives her access to my phone and vice versa when I was trying to search for help. I don't want that either. I really don't get this. Can someone please walk me through this and explain. I'm open to even working through it via FB chat.

--PS, she thinks we are trying to only access the one voice memo. What she doesn't know......

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:07 PM

There are no replies.

elp backing up and accessing my daughters iphone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.