Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I import pictures from iCloud which are no longer in the Photo Stream to my computer?

I have an iPhone for almost one year now and iCloud has been turned on since the beginning.

I like having a copy of my pictures saved in my computer (Aperture) but never bothered moving them from iCloud to my Aperture library. I just discovered now that I can do that by using Photo Stream (when enabled in Aperture) but only recent pictures (30 days) can be seen there, so I have no idea how I can import the pictures and movies older than 30 days from my iCloud to the Aperture library. Anyone could help ?

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:50 PM

4 replies

Feb 11, 2016 2:36 AM in response to Pedro Rodrigues

OK, what is happening here is that Aperture doesn't work with iCloud photo library (which keeps photos for good) but does with photo stream (which keeps photos in the cloud for 30 days only).

If you wish to continue to use Aperture, you need to import your photos from your photo stream album while they are still there (which may be longer than 30 days subject to a maximum of 1,000 photos)

For photos that you no longer have in the photo stream album in Aperture, you can import them by visiting iCloud.com> Photos from a web browser.

How can I import pictures from iCloud which are no longer in the Photo Stream to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.