Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 most likely hacked. Please help.

I know everybody says its "impossible" for an iPhone to be hacked if it's not jail broken or in the possession of the hacker, but too many concerning things have been happening lately to lead me to believe it's hacked. No, it is not jail broken and no it has not been in the possession of anybody. Not only is my battery draining crazy fast, but this person who I suspect is doing the hacking I have heard talking about something I never said to anybody out loud, and has been posting things on social media that directly correlate with the exact thing I was very previously just talking to my friends about either over text or Skype. If it happened once, or twice, okay, maybe a coincidence. But this has happened far too many times in such close time proximity that it cannot be a coincidence. My friends absolutely hate this person I suspect is doing this, so I know they're not telling them anything.

I frequently check my iCloud to see what devices are signed in, and it's always just my iPhone, so I know it's not my iCloud that's hacked. I also frequently change my passwords and have Lookout Security on my phone. It really baffles me, and scares me.

If there is any possible way I could find out for sure if somebody is spying on my phone, please let me know.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:38 PM

56 replies

Jan 10, 2017 12:07 PM in response to withaheartofstone

Hi there. I believe you because your story sounds eerily similar to a problem my family has been dealing with for three years. To a problem my family has been dealing with for three years. to mine. I know this is a longshot but could you tell me something about this individual. Like for example are they male or female? Or their approximate age? Or the city or state this person lives? It feels like you were talking about the same person who has hurt my family. However in our experience the individual did brag about their efforts and posted what they were doing. So in that respect the storyline is a little bit different. I'm you were talking about the same person who has hurt my family. However in our experience the individual did brag about their efforts and posted what they were doing. So in that respect the storyline is a little bit different.

Jan 10, 2017 4:10 PM in response to Mbear4321

If you have a restraining order, that means both you and law enforcement know who the person is. It is highly unlikely they are in anyway related to what the original poster thought was happening to them (especially as it doesn't appear that they were hacked). Continue to work through law enforcement. Make sure all of your accounts have strong passcodes. Put a passcode on your phone.

Jan 10, 2017 5:33 PM in response to thesum

I believe everything you said is correct. I will say that the android phones appear to be way more susceptible based on the things that happened to us with our android devices versus our iPhones. I feel the iPhone does provide more protection but it's definitely not full proof. It is insane that individuals can do this sort of thing to victims and it doesn't seem to be easily traceable. Does anybody know how to detect and prove that your phone has been hacked. I mean legitimately detect that there is a program running on it and identify the program. I would be most interested in knowing if there is a program that can detect when somebody has interfered with your phone call.

Jan 24, 2017 1:33 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

iPhones can get hacked, app by app. I've been hacked for years and Apple isn't telling the truth. The FBI $1M news report was bs. They don't want us to know what they can do. And if they can do it, any hacker who is a career hacker can keep up. I have tons of examples but the main one for me is my "Send diagnostics and send to Apple developers" magically turns iitself of periodically. They can and are getting hacked.

Jan 24, 2017 8:39 AM in response to Kimhoovertx

Kimhoovertx wrote:

iPhones can get hacked, app by app. I've been hacked for years and Apple isn't telling the truth. The FBI $1M news report was bs. They don't want us to know what they can do. And if they can do it, any hacker who is a career hacker can keep up. I have tons of examples but the main one for me is my "Send diagnostics and send to Apple developers" magically turns iitself of periodically. They can and are getting hacked.

Please supply actual proof of this. In what way was the information about the FBI needing to pay one million dollars to crack a phone not true? How do you know this? A setting changing on your phone is not, by itself, proof of anything. What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

Jan 28, 2017 10:53 PM in response to Chris CA

thesum is spot on...it's very easy to eavesdrop on iphone phone conversations, texts messages, etc. There's a hundred cheap or free apps out there to do just what the OP is asking about. Mspy, Masterlocate to name just a couple off the top of my head...there's even an app specifically for the supposed rock solid 'whatsapp'...you folks are so naive if you think this isn't happening, and it's not an uncommon event...not even close. For most of these apps now, all one needs to know is the target's phone number. And there's a lot of nerds out there that get off on doing this. They post a dossier on someone (a target whom they slander) on the deep web, and then all of these other nerds get in on the action thinking they're doing justice to an evil person and keep adding to this dossier collecting everything from your mother's maiden name to your social security number, any security questions you've had to say over the phone, etc.

Jan 28, 2017 11:01 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Dude a phone doesn't need to be jail broken to eavesdrop on your conversation and text messages, or track you're location...I guess you've never used Uber before either...I use them all the time and their app allows you to see where your driver is on a map in real time...there's tons of free apps that do that and much more!

And the FBI wasn't trying to eavesdrop on the phone that you're referring to...you've missed the whole point if you think the OP's question had anything in common with what the FBI was doing in that case...they don't need to pay a dime to eavesdrop!

Jan 29, 2017 4:47 AM in response to versenumber2

Dude, for every one of those functions that you mention you must explicitly give the app permission to do that. And none of them eavesdrop; they know your location, because you gave them permission to. Period. They can't listen to you, they can't see your iMessages, texts, whatsapp, or anything else. When you have proof please post it. Until then just stop posting nonsense.

Jan 29, 2017 7:30 AM in response to Kimhoovertx

Kimhoovertx wrote:

I have tons of examples but the main one for me is my "Send diagnostics and send to Apple developers" magically turns iitself of periodically.

So they don't want your information but you keep turning it on to give them information?

Perhaps you are not as important as you think you are and they are tired of looking at your data...

Jan 29, 2017 8:10 AM in response to versenumber2

versenumber2 wrote:

it's very easy to eavesdrop on iphone phone conversations, texts messages, etc.

While the NSA or other government agencies can gain quite a bit of access to information by going through the service providers, it is not trivial to do so as a consumer. Cellular traffic is encrypted. There are no "cheap or free apps" that will allow you to break that encryption.

What is evident from your posts is that you have no real understanding of encryption of telecommunications technology. You've been watching too much television.

Also, as a nerd, I am offended by your use of it as a synonym for criminal. That also indicates your lack of understanding of the history of science and technology.

Jan 29, 2017 8:28 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Whoa Larry, hold on there bud! I don't believe Uber, nor any other app that I've downloaded is doing anything nefarious...I mentioned real time location technology that Uber uses for a reason: it's not science fiction, it's real technology and they're not the only ones using it. I promise, I can point you to a lot of software apps that are using that with bad intentions...I wouldn't lie to you bro, it's true.

The way Uber uses it, it's great - actually very helpful and pretty slick. And just an FYI, I don't give Uber access to my location as you mentioned above...I see them but they don't see me - pretty cool huh? But to be super clear, nothing about them eavesdropping. Just like the FBI thing, you're confusing yourself.

Next part:

You said: "for every one of those functions that you mention you must explicitly give the app permission to do that"

Spot on bro, but unfortunately...this conversation has nothing to do with allocating permissions to apps you've downloaded. Kind of like the FBI thing...completely off topic. Go back to the OP and review - nothing regarding app permissions.

You see here's the deal bro...When you're phone is breached, the option of allocating permissions doesn't exist. *** I know, but true. So for example, if it's spyware that's doing the eavesdropping, you won't see that in your list of apps. That's pretty typical of spyware...it's hidden, it doesn't want to be found.

Example:

Let's say Larry is being targeted with spyware...we'll call it Larryware. Larryware shows up on Larry's phone in his list of applications so Larry deletes it. Bam...Larry has single handedly brought the whole spyware industry to it's knees! Man o man, if life could be that simple brother...

Jan 30, 2017 6:58 AM in response to versenumber2

However, your phone cannot be breached, except by someone who has physical possession of it. There is no way to install spyware on a phone remotely. As Edward Snowden showed in his published documents, NSA had be trying for years and had found no way to remotely compromise an iPhone.

If the phone has been hacked by someone with physical possession who has installed spyware, doing a DFU restore will remove any spyware that may have been added.

iPhone 6 most likely hacked. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.