Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck syncing, unplugged, now buggy

Hi there,

I tried to sync my iPhone with my laptop and after finishing everything it was stuck at the last step. I waited ages and it didt seem to be doing anything I tried cancelling the sync on iTunes which appeared to work but the symbol on the notification center told me that it was still syncing. After a while I had no choice but to unplug my phone. Ever since then I'm having weird bugs. siri hardly ever works now and just says "Sorry there was a problem, can you try that again." and I'm having random crashes of the music app and some other stuff since then too which had never happened before. Is there a way to repair the iPhone or do I have to restore my phone to an old backup :/

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 11:47 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2016 7:46 AM in response to Jaisah 2nd gen ipod touch

Hi there Jaisah,

It sounds like the sync process didn't finish properly so you needed to disconnect the device before it finished and now your phone is acting all kinds of out of sorts. I would start by quitting ALL the running apps on your phone:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that force the device to restart with the Home and the Sleep/Wake buttons and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

I don't think you will need to restore the phone, to be honest. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, please let us know how that goes!

iPhone stuck syncing, unplugged, now buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.