Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to move iPad backup from iCloud to my own folder on Mac?

Hi,

My iPad backup copy in iCloud is rather large, about 2G. To save my iCloud space, I wonder if it's possible to move the backup copy to my computer, either under iTune or just my own folder on my Mac. I have googled around, found some 3rd party softwares such as backup extractor PhoneRescue.

Wonder if it can be done with any OS X tools? Seems to me it's a simple task to complete.

Thanks in advance for sharing

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:46 PM

David-SG44 wrote:

Hi,

My iPad backup copy in iCloud is rather large, about 2G. To save my iCloud space, I wonder if it's possible to move the backup copy to my computer, either under iTune or just my own folder on my Mac. I have googled around, found some 3rd party softwares such as backup extractor PhoneRescue.

Wonder if it can be done with any OS X tools? Seems to me it's a simple task to complete.

iCloud backup can be deleted but not moved.

It's there to restore from.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 9:46 PM in response to David-SG44

David-SG44 wrote:

Hi,

iCloud backup can be deleted but not moved.

It's there to restore from.

Is it possible to move iPad backup from iCloud to my own folder on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.