Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a question regarding Magic Mouse.

Hi seventy one

I have a question regarding Magic Mouse. I have two magic mouse, one was given in 2014 by my company, another one was a gift before 2014 (forgot the exact year). Now i've missed up the two mouse and l would like to find out which one is the one that given by my company and which one is the gift given before 2014. The only clue l have are the serial number and the bluetooth info. I do not have any receipts for the two magic mouse. Appreciate if you can help me. Thanks!

Mouse 1

Last Inquiry Date: 9/21/13

Last Services Date: 1/18/13

Mouse 2

Last Inquiry Date: 7/26/14

Last Services Date: 3/4/14

What do the dates means? I guess it could be the dates that l used and connected?

Jo

<Post Branched by Host>

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 12:39 AM

12 replies

Feb 10, 2016 1:14 AM in response to princessuko

Hello princessuko,

I did answer your earlier question but as it was a duplicate it probably got wiped. I assume those dates relate to Bluetooth and should relate to the date they were first used. But a better guide would be the serial number. That can be found by removing the battery covers and the batteries. The date should be stamped where the batteries were. As the numbers are sequential, the earlier number will be your guide.

Feb 10, 2016 1:34 AM in response to seventy one

Hi seventy one

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Currently, l have the serial number for mouse 1 which is CC*****************GAM

Below is the screenshot of the mouse.

Mouse 1 - CC*****************GAM

User uploaded file

Mouse 2

User uploaded file

I've tried to check on https://checkcoverage.apple.com/
but it resulted "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again."

Is there anyway else l can find the purchased dates besides depending on the receipts.

Thanks!

Jo

Feb 10, 2016 1:35 AM in response to princessuko

There is no way you can find the purchase date without knowing exactly where it was bought. Then it would depend on the quality of their record keeping.

Tell me, if both the items are the same how would any one know the difference? It is not as if a guarantee applies as both are out of date. If I had to guess, I would say mouse number 1 is the oldest.

Feb 10, 2016 1:52 AM in response to seventy one

Yeah, you're right that will no one knows the difference. It's because l would like to give out one of the mouse (given by my company) to my friend and would like to keep the one that given by my mom as that's my birthday present. I read a post that replied by you regarding how to read/understand the serial number of the mouse. Could you explain it more? Thank you very much.

Feb 10, 2016 3:03 AM in response to princessuko

For whatever reason, the length of those posted and now missing Mouse serial numbers

were not allowed in two of the major serial number identification sites I've used. A notice

appeared in one that said the number was Too Long. And other one did not accept the

length of the original number, and left off one of the last digits or letters.

Since I tested your number by using copy-paste, and that did not bring up expected results

due to improper length -- or some other number on the original retail carton was needed.

Elsewhere it was mentioned the peripheral serial numbers aren't necessarily recorded for

warranty purposes; generally one year after purchase (receipt date) will suffice; for other

questions, see Apple Store genius and ask if they can help date the product vintage.

There is this Apple support article that covers some information, but may not help:

• Identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad - Apple Support

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

I have a question regarding Magic Mouse.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.