Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smashed phone and wifi won't turn on!!!

I dropped my phone earlier today and whenever i attempt to go on wifi it says its turned off and i try turning it on but it doesn't allow me to turn it on:( does anyone have any clues on fixing this if so please let me know.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 3:08 AM

It's highly likely a crack has formed in a solder joint on one of the WiFi components. This used to happen with the 4S alot. Can't say I've seen it happen with the iPhone 6. If this is the case, the only way to FIX it is for the phone to be opened up and to find where the break in continuity is, and then rectify it. This is very specialized micro soldering work that you shouldn't attempt yourself.

There are micro solderers around who can do these repairs.

I believe Apple would say it's not covered under warranty as it has been dropped. Although they would offer you an out of warranty replacement option for the phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 3:08 AM in response to ethan klompy

It's highly likely a crack has formed in a solder joint on one of the WiFi components. This used to happen with the 4S alot. Can't say I've seen it happen with the iPhone 6. If this is the case, the only way to FIX it is for the phone to be opened up and to find where the break in continuity is, and then rectify it. This is very specialized micro soldering work that you shouldn't attempt yourself.

There are micro solderers around who can do these repairs.

I believe Apple would say it's not covered under warranty as it has been dropped. Although they would offer you an out of warranty replacement option for the phone.

Feb 10, 2016 3:09 AM in response to ethan klompy

It is most likely a hardware issue. Visit your local Apple Store and ask for help.

Before doing so, you can also try these steps:

Reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

smashed phone and wifi won't turn on!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.