Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes still showing downloadable content after downloading

This seems to be a reverse issue than most posts about downloading content from the iTunes store. After purchasing a TV Show or Movie from iTunes, I'd go to the Purchased sub-menu and download the content to my iMac, based on the filter "Not in my Library." I know the content download successfully because I will see it and watch it on my AppleTV and it will appear under "My <TV Shows>/<Movies>" on iTunes on the iMac, from which I'm using Home Sharing.

BUT ... when I go back to the iTunes store and check the Purchased sub-menu again (filtering on content not in my library), the same content is still there and shows the iCloud download symbol. I will retry downloading again, thinking that the file was corrupted, only to find that I now have duplicate episodes and movies sitting on my iMac. What gives? 😕

Pictures:

My Content ...

User uploaded file

What iTunes shows as Not in my Library ...

User uploaded file

I have:

• searched the forums, but everything seems to apply to how to reacquire and download previous content
  • rebooted
  • signed out of and back into iTunes
  • deleted and re-downloaded the content
  • deauthorized and Reauthorized the computer to my iTunes account

I've done everything I can think of and find online - it still shows as downloadable, as if its not in my iTunes Library at all. My last choice is to rebuild my iTunes library, but I really don't want to do that.

Anyone have similar issues or can offer help would be appreciated!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Mid 2010; 2.8Ghz i5; 16GB Ram

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 4:50 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes still showing downloadable content after downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.