Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes hang in loop on external MIDI device

Hello,

Since I updated Logic PRO X to the latest available version I have hanging notes during loop playback. Pressing the panic button (double click MIDI-OUT) the problem is solved. When restarting the playback, the hanging notes appear the same way as before.

I have this problem with every midifile I open and on every position where I place a loop.

Please help! I cannot do my job anymore 😟. I'm unemployed right now 😟.

Kind regards,

Jan Steurrijs

Younique Music Group BV

The Netherlands

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 3:34 AM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2016 10:18 AM in response to Pancenter

Yes I did, in fact, I updated OSX to 10.11.3 today but this did not solve my problem. I'm not the only one who has this problem. A lot of coleages has this problem. One of my employees has the same hardware, same Logic version en and same OSX but different hardware interfaces and his experiences are the same.

It's very strange. The hanging note start at the beginning of the region. Even when I delete the notes at the beginning of the first bar, a note is playing and hangs like a sustained note. Something sends a signal but I don't know which or what cause the problem 😟.

Feb 10, 2016 11:42 AM in response to Pancenter

I just tried but unfortunately without the desired result 😟.

It's really strange, before I updated Logic to the latest version, I had no problem with this. Now I have to look for an alternative program because I can't do my job any more 😟. Too bad... I also talked with Logic Support USA and they concluded that this has to be a bug and will be solved hopefully in the next update.

I cannot wait that long, so I have to say goodbye to Logic 😟.

Notes hang in loop on external MIDI device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.