Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are Photos and videos uploaded to (iCloud Photo Sharing) equal to the (ios iphoto Journals)? if not, what is the new equal to that? if yes, can I arrange the layout the way I want? can I convert (ios iphoto Journal backup) to (iCloud Photo Sharing) file?

I am still using ios 7 because I love my iphoto journals, ios 8 and after are not supporting iphoto, I am planning to upgrade to the latest version of ios; so my question is:

Are Photos and videos uploaded to (iCloud Photo Sharing) equal to the (ios iphoto Journals)?

-If yes, can I arrange the layout the way I want? what if want to convert my old (ios iphoto Journal backup) to be imported to (iCloud Photo Sharing) as it is?

-If not, what is the new equal to that with possibility to transfer those journals?

Thank you

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.1, iphoto last update

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 3:44 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2016 4:40 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thank you for your answer. In that case I may need an answer which is out of the box thinking! like a trick or steps to do the reverse move from iphoto journal to an icloud sharing album, noting that photos in journals are minimized in size if i am not mistaken 😐 is there a way around to select them with their original sizes (I may had moved the original photos to an external hard drive)?

Feb 10, 2016 10:22 AM in response to Eng a. I

It's a long time since I used iPhoto journal, I really can't recall how the photos are stored, however photos in a shared album are also stored at a reduced resolution so it may not matter that much if you don't have the originals, although I don't know whether or not you can recover them from an iPhoto journal to begin with, I would assume so, but perhaps you would know more than me in that respect.

Are Photos and videos uploaded to (iCloud Photo Sharing) equal to the (ios iphoto Journals)? if not, what is the new equal to that? if yes, can I arrange the layout the way I want? can I convert (ios iphoto Journal backup) to (iCloud Photo Sharing) file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.