Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion plays project at double speed - how do I turn it off?

After the update to Motion 5.2.3 two days ago, I started a new project.

Did the whole animation and when I rendered it for delivery to the client, the rendered file seemed to run at half speed.

But when I timed it, it was actually correct and I noticed that it was the playback within Motion that was running at double speed!!

(So I had been working without noticing that).

I can´t find a setting or anything else to make Motion run at the correct speed.

Don´t know if this is a "feature" or a bug in the 5.2.3 update?

- Old projects which were made before the update to 5.2.3 a couple of days ago, runs at correct speed when I bring them into Motion.

- ALL new projects run at double speed within Motion, EVEN if I create them using the same preset I used for the older projects.

- The speed of the rendered movie is correct when rendered by compressor, regardless if it´s a new project or an old one,

These are the project settings I use:

Preset: HD PAL 25fps (can´t remember if this is a custom preset used it for years)

Width: 1920

Height: 180

Pixel Aspect Ratio: square

Filed order: None

Frame Rate: 25fps

Duration: 00:01:30:00

My machine is Mac Pro 2013, 64Gb RAM, D500x2 graphic cards running OSX 10.10.5.

PLEASE HELP! I have a deadline for two projects today and I don´t know how to solve this... I hope there´s a simple solution to this...

Motion 5, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 3:11 AM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2016 5:19 PM in response to degraye

Then Motion wasn't playing back as fast as is possible ... LOL -- 60fps. It should be 2.4 times as fast (60 ÷ 25).

There's a setting in preferences you can set to limit playback to the frame rate:

User uploaded file

Turning it off is a way to speed up motion a few FPS when it slows down a lot... Otherwise, leave it checked.

Motion plays project at double speed - how do I turn it off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.