Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option for phone nr in imessage

hi All, another problem with iMessage. There od no option for adding a phone numer in settings-> Messages-> send/receive. Do you know how to fix it? iphone6sUser uploaded file

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:10 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:36 AM in response to Asikka

Hi Asikka,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that in Settings > Messages > iMessage > Send and Receive, you are not seeing your phone number listed. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend following the steps located in the following article. I know the section that I am quoting is written for iPad and iPod touch, but the same steps should be helpful on your iPhone.

If your phone number is missing on your iPad or iPod touch

Sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all of your iOS devices:

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

Sign back in to iMessage and FaceTime on all of your iOS devices:

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap Use your Apple ID for iMessage. Then sign back in with your Apple ID.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap Use your Apple ID for FaceTime. Then sign back in with your Apple ID.

Link your iPhone number and Apple ID to use iMessage and FaceTime - Apple Support

Best!

Feb 16, 2016 6:05 AM in response to Asikka

Hello Asikka,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Thank you for replying with this information. Because you are still not seeing your phone number and the previous steps did not work, I suggest contacting AppleCare directly. Contacting Apple Support will allow us to look further into this specific situation so we can provide you the best support possible.

Contact Apple Support - Apple Support

Cheers!

No option for phone nr in imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.