Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook not responding to trackpad

Today I have been experiencing problems with my Mac. Three times I have been using my mac and suddenly I cannot click on anything and nothing responds, yet my cursor moves around fine. I am forced to hold the power button to turn it off as I’m not able to click on anything, even force quit won’t work as I’m unable to click anything. I’m now using a USB mouse as my trackpad actually went funny earlier and was highlighting and clicking on everything when I was barely touching it. As I’ve said, the problem has happened three times so far (The first two times happened within minutes of each other and the third time was around an hour after).

What is going on? This has never happened before. If anyone needs specs of my mac, please let me know where I can find this as I do not know how to get these.

Thanks.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:13 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook not responding to trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.